During the 2013 Automobile Club NHRA Finals in Pomona NHRA announced the 2014 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series schedule which included a regional program for the Top Alcohol categories (LODRS Event Schedule). In NHRA’s continuing effort to elevate the regional program an online registration web site has been created for the Top Alcohol competitors attending a Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series regional event.
Located under the Competition Tab on NHRARacer.com, competitors will be able to pre-register for a regional event (LODRS Regional Registration Website). When registering for a Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series regional event, competitors will only be required to enter which region they plan to attend, an event within the selected region, category of competition, drivers name, email address and car number. A competitor pre-entered into the event that is unable to attend is strongly encouraged to contact their Division Director.
“Since the announcement of the Regional Program all of the Division Directors and Field Marketing have been exploring additional opportunities to elevate the program.” said Josh Peterson, vice president of racing administration, NHRA. “The creation of the registration website will not only help with on-site planning prior to the event but it will provide host facilities with a list of competitors attending to assist in marketing and promoting the event.”
In addition to the announcement of the registration website below are the guidelines for competitors chasing either the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series National or Regional Championship.
· Best 7 of 10 National Events and 3 of 5 Regional Events will count towards the Championship.
· Entry into a National Event will still be based on grade points earned at regional events.
· Best 5 of 7 Regional Events will count towards the Championship.
· Attendance at a minimum of 3 home region events required to validate year end points.
· Competitors may run out of region events, maximum of best 2 may count toward year end regional points total.